Sanskrit is Fun - A Sanskrit Coursebook for Beginners (Set of 3 Books)
- NOTE: Includes Rs. 149 Handling Charges
- Publisher : Motilal Banarsidass Publishers
- Edition : January 1, 2015
- Pages : 209
- Weight : 640 gm.
- Size : 13.9 x 8.5 x 0.5 inches
- Cover : Paperback
- Auther : Warwick Jessup (Author), Elena Jessup (Author)
- Language : English
- ISBN: (Paperback: 8120840844, 978-8120840843)
(Paperback: 8120835972, 978-8120835979)
The first group of books entitled Sanskrit is Fun (Parts I-III) introduce the learners to the Devanagari alphabets, grouping the letters according to their place of articulation, called 'Family', which comprises both the vowels and consonants. Learners are first taught how to draw the letters. Learning and teaching is also helped by the humorous presentation of the letters in the form of animals figures. The next step is to add vowel to the consonants, and then to teach joint (compound) consonants. Finally words and sentences are formed.