Buddhist Records of the Western World by Si-Yu-Ki (2 Vols. in One)
The Chinese Buddhist Pilgrims visited India during the early centuries of the Christian era. The Buddhist literature of China contains the records of their travels, the authenticity of which vouchsafed by the facts related in them. the principal Chinese Buddhist Pilgrims who visited India and wrote the accounts of their travel were Shih Fahian Sung Yun and Hwei and I-tsing The records are very interesting as they refer to the geography, history, manners and religion of the people of the countries West of China, of India in particular, visited by the pilgrims.
- Product Code: BK11545
- Publisher : Motilal Banarsidass Publishers
- Edition : January 17, 2001
- Pages : 611
- Weight : 820g.
- Size : 6 x 1.8 x 9 inches
- Cover : Hardcover
- Auther : Samuel Beal (Author), Samuel Beal Si-Yu-Ki (Translator)
- Language : English
- ISBN : 8120811070, 978-8120811072